Michael Pollan, In Defense of Food
- Don’t eat anything your Great Grandmother wouldn’t recognize as a food.
- Avoid food products containing ingredients that are:
Avoid food products that make health claims
Shop the peripheries of the supermarket and stay out of the middle
Get out of the supermarket whenever possible
- More than five in number
- Include High-fructose Corn Syrup.
- Eat mostly plants, especially leaves.
- You are what you eat eats too.
- If you have the space, buy a freezer.
- Eat well-grown food from healthy soils.
- Eat wild foods when you can.
- Be the kind of person who takes supplements.
- Eat more like the French, or the Italians, or the Japanese, or the Indians, or the Greeks.
- Regard nontraditional foods with skepticism.
- Don’t look for the magic bullet in the traditional diet.
- Have a Glass of wine with dinner.
Not Too Much
- Pay more, eat less.
- Eat meals.
- Do all your eating at a table.
- Don’t get your fuel from the same place your car does.
- Try not to eat alone.
- Consult your gut.
- Eat slowly
- Cook, and, if you can, plant a garden.
Read: In Defense of Food
Loading... Please wait...